As a realtor, you work with a wide range of clients and customers who may or may not appreciate your hard work. However, you can show them that you care by throwing a client or customer appreciation party.
What Is A Client Appreciation Party?
A customer appreciation party is a day-long event that realtors hold to let their clients know that they appreciate their business. The party format is pretty simple: you include hors dourves that can be munched on while your clients mingle; an official meet-and-greet; and a variety of fun events for entertainment.
Why Throw A Customer Appreciation Party?
Client appreciation parties are a multi-pronged affair. First of all, you are showing your customers that you care about their business. Going this extra mile will make them appreciate you as a realtor and will help them be more willing to turn to you in the future for real estate deals.
However, a good customer appreciation party is also a platform for you to find potential sales. No, you shouldn’t come at people like a salesman or try to talk people into buying something they don’t need. But mingling with past and potential future customers can open up great business opportunities.
Who Do You Throw It For?
There are many people to invite to your customer appreciation party. Each of them should be carefully chosen in order to ensure that your party promotes appreciation and helps you find leads for future business. People to invite include:
- Individuals who have purchased homes from you
- Businesses that have helped set up purchases for you
- Owners of multiple pieces of property you’ve sold
- Landlords that help run rental properties
While you should genuinely attempt to show appreciation to your customers, you also need to remember that you’re trying to find leads. And finding even one or two sales should pay for the party.
Where Can You Host It?
There are many places you can host a customer appreciation party. If you already own your own meeting area, host it there to save on money. If you don’t, it’s worth checking into one of the following venues. These places can be rented out for a day and often include a variety of amenities, such as kitchens and stages for events. They include:
- Community centers
- Outdoor parks
- Sports venues
- Wine bars
- Luxury hotels
Typically, the nicer the venue, the more appreciated your customers will feel. So don’t hesitate to go all out on this one. And make sure to include gifts for everyone that arrives, such as a cookie gift box or something similar. Though a small gesture, it’s one that they will appreciate.
What Type Of Events Should I Schedule?
A customer appreciation party should follow a simple schedule that includes a variety of events. This helps make your party memorable. Try to follow this simple guideline for maximum effectiveness:
- Official meet and greet – Here, your customers can mingle with each other and expand their potential business reach.
- Dinner – A three-course dinner is perfect for this event, including multiple dishes and some type of entertainment, such as a small band.
- Raffles – Nothing shows more appreciation than holding a raffle for nice items, such as drills or fondue sets. Your customers will feel like you truly care and they’ll appreciate you even more.
- Entertainment – Dancing is always a fun (and relatively inexpensive) way to entertain your guests, but you can also integrate comedians and other fun events to give your customers a good night.
- Send-off – When the party is over, plan some kind of slide-show event that integrates thoughtful messages and pictures of your satisfied customers. This will help them feel loved.
As you can see, customer appreciation parties offer a wide range of advantages to your business that you simply can’t pass up. To learn more about boosting customer appreciation and other engaging topics, please contact us today.